Information Box Group
McMaster University has arranged contracts with many suppliers for commonly purchased goods and services across campus. Click the link below to view suppliers. Please also look within MacBuy to find approved suppliers.
Presently there are 2 ways to obtain a purchase order via Mosaic and MacBuy. MacBuy is McMaster’s NEW Procurement Purchasing System, which will in time become the ONLY system the University end-users will be using. To be trained on the MacBuy System please contact:
Checklist for Entering Requisition
- Is the supplier set-up within MacBuy, if not request a new supplier via Mosaic.
- Have you obtained all the required documents to support your purchase. Ex. quotes, contract (signed accordingly per the Signing Authority Policy)
- Chart field to be used
- Date of required delivery
- Delivery Contact / Delivery location
- Ph. Ext.
- Fair Market Value (For ALL Research funded orders with discounts > $50K
- Independent Contractor Questionnaire (required when an individual is providing Services for the University)
- Is your purchase AODA compliant
As per applicable trade agreements, CETA, CFTA, and OQTCA McMaster procurement processes are based on transparent and efficient framework that is fair and open to all Canada suppliers.
Currently there are two domestic trade agreements within Ontario:
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), a pan-Canadian trade agreement that replaced the Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT), and took effect on July 1, 2017
- Ontario-Quebec Trade and Cooperation Agreement (OQTCA), a comprehensive bi-lateral agreement with the province of Quebec (aligns with CFTA)
Ontario is also subject to the (CETA) international trade agreement:
- The Canada-European Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) which took effect on September 21, 2017