Policy, Procedures & Guidelines
Policy information pertaining to the Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), and McMaster University Merchant requirements, is incorporated in Policy for the Acceptance of Payment Cards and eCommerce Payments. and The Information Security Policy can be found in link https://informationsecurity.mcmaster.ca/section/policy/.
McMaster University has targeted policy compliance for the university at the Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) “C” level in order to cover the majority of our merchants who are using SAQ-A through C processes.
All McMaster University merchants are required to be in compliance with the PCI-DSS and McMaster University Policies, specifically Policy for the Acceptance of Payment Cards and eCommerce Payments. Overall responsibility for coordination of PCI compliance rests with McMaster University IT Security and Financial Affairs.
The following guidelines are presented to assist Merchants with understanding their role in compliance with PCI-DSS.
The University’s Preferred Payment Provider accepts the following payment methods:
- Visa and Visa Debit
- MasterCard and MasterCard Debit
- Union Pay
- Diners Club
- QR code payments (to be added soon)
- Moneris gift, promo or loyalty cards
- Third party Gift cards
Moneris Checkout (new pay page)
- Includes all above (1-8)
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay (to be added soon)
Requests to add and remove payment cards to the existing merchants should be submitted to Financial Affairs – Manager Financial Reporting with the merchant information
In addition to the policy requirements for PCI-DSS, there are procedural requirements. To assist with this, the university has developed templates for procedures that are needed for compliance.
Information Box Group
Contact CSU Help Desk at 905-525-9140 ext. 20848
- Online services and support https://www.moneris.com/Support.aspx
- Moneris Customer Experience Available 24/7/365 1-866-319-7450 & 1-888-888-3149
- Steps When Calling the Helpdesk:
- Choose Language 1 for English 2 for French.
- Press 3 for existing customer support
- Press 3 for Product Support (Technical Inquiries) & Integrated Solutions Setup
- Press 3 Computer Software. (This will route your call to a Senior Technical Specialist).
- Enter the last 9 digits of your merchant number example Merchant # (This will ensure you get priority in the queue).
- If the problem is across multiple locations please quote the chain number in question example: Chain#
- Collect Case number from the Moneris Helpdesk: CAS-xxxxx-xxxxx